All Products / Selected Collections
Welcome to the Pacific Solo Store
Pacific Solo is a 2-3 month expedition that will take Lowell Sheppard on board SV Wahine from Tokyo, Japan to Vancouver, Canada via Nemo North, the remotest point of the North Pacific. The expedition will also skirt the Great Pacific Garbage Patch, bringing attention to the plight of our oceans.
Lowell and SV Wahine are currently training and upgrading equipment, and intend to leave Tokyo Bay in the spring of 2021 and arrive in Vancouver in the summer.
Your purchase from this store will help support the expedition and the Great Pacific Learning Project, which links Lowell and Wahine with classrooms.
- Lowell Sheppard aboard SV Wahine
- SV Wahine is a 32 year old French sailboat currently moored at Yumenoshima Marina in Japan.
Preparing for the Challenge of a Lifetime
- Preparations for a solo journey by sailboat across the Pacific Ocean inevitably involve a few technical challenges.
Tokyo to Vancouver via Nemo North
- A 2-3 month journey from Tokyo via the remotest point in the North Pacific and the Great Pacific Garbage Patch before arriving in Vancouver.
- Located at 37°58'45.13"N, 148°1'12.17"W, it is the point in the North Pacific that is furthest from land in any direction.